- We have collaborated with two Atlanta area charities to provide medical equipment and support services specifically to abused and abandoned children in need of caring adults to advocate for their future by targeting equipment unique to their needs.
- We have aided an adoptive single mother of four special needs children who needed a unique wheelchair lift in her van to accommodate several wheelchairs at once.
- We have provided a “safe sleeper” bed for a critically ill child to be released from the pediatric ICU and cared for safely at home
- We have provided head supports and other accessories for wheelchairs no longer covered by governmental health programs for low-income families.
By providing critical equipment and quality of life assistance through our focused programs, our Foundation helps to ensure that medically fragile children can be cared for in their own homes, rather than the more expensive foster care system or state-supported institutions.
Quotes from our satisfied costumers:
- The seat allows us to get Anna in and out of the car without a lot of strain on us and without Anna getting bumped and man handled. It has made every outing much less stressful and easier physically!
- We can now get Tia up and down the stairs safely. Mom not longer has to wait for dad’s assistance.
- Before we had the van travel was limited to doctor appointments and we had to cancel those in bad weather because of the wheelchair carrier we used. Not the only limits we have are Callie’s health status. Callie’s first outing choice was: let’s pick up a friend and head to the mall!!!
- We are able to put Kyle in a standing position that is building up the muscles in his legs. His legs are stronger and it is a blessing to us to see the improvement.
- Until we received the crib, she only had her wheelchair to provide secure safe sleep.
- I can’t express to you how grateful I am for your help. Words cannot explain what an impact this ceiling track has had on the way I have now been able to care from him.
- Can’t imagine Brittnay not having her speech device. It has allowed her freedom and given her so much self confidence.
- Kaila always cried in pain when picked up from or to her chair. Now, with the lift, she is more comfortable.
- Truly life changing, not only for Lauren but our entire family. We are so grateful to FK!