Increasing Quality of Life for the Medically Fragile Child
Fragile Kids Foundation provides key pieces of equipment not covered by private or government sponsored insurance. The equipment must be deemed medically necessary to meet rehabilitation and quality-of-life goals. Equipment is accessed by families via the Healthcare Grants Program and the Loaned Equipment Program. The medical review committee determines which program will provide the requested equipment.
We have four (4) types of applications. Please fill out ONLY the application that applies to you.
- General Grant Request: all equipment not related to van modifications or the UpSee mobility device. Download
- Van Lift Grant Request: van modifications including vehicle lifts, ramps, Turny seats. Dealer quote must accompany application. Sales from private individuals not considered. Download
- UpSee Grant Request: for Firefly UpSee mobility device. Physical Therapist letter of medical necessity and verification on training the caregiver in use of device must be included. Download
- All-Terrain Wheelchair Request: required to borrow a special needs recreation wheelchair from Loaned Equipment. Download
Include with your application copies of:
- - your child’s Birth Certificate
- - your last tax return (first page only)
- - letter of medical necessity from your child’s doctor or physical therapist (For the UpSee, the physical therapist must complete the training verification)
- - vendor quote for the item(s) being requested
Privacy is respected and medical information is not shared beyond our review and grant allocation process. Mail forms and supporting documents to:
Fragile Kids Foundation
3350 Riverwood Parkway, Suite 1400
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
The Review Committee meets quarterly. Deadlines for applications are as follows:
January 15, for February meeting
April 15, for May meeting
July 15, for August meeting
October 15, for November meeting
You will be notified in writing within 30 business days after the meeting regarding the decision made on your request. If you have any questions, please call our office at (770) 951-6111.